Can't wait to download World of Goo form Wii Ware. It's one of those games that is immediately appealing because of how it looks but once you get passed the initial delight of what you are seeing you can begin to see the challenge and level of engagement it can bring. Have a look and see what you think:
You can download a demo of the game for Mac or PC from 2D Boy.
The game itself is described on the Nintebndo Wii Ware channel as follows:
World of Goo is a multiple award winning physics based puzzle / construction game made entirely by two guys. Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build structures, bridges, cannonballs, zeppelins, and giant tongues. The millions of Goo Balls that live in the beautiful World of Goo are curious to explore - but they don't know that they are in a game, or that they are extremely delicious.
• Mysterious Levels: Each level is strange and dangerously beautiful, introducing new puzzles, areas, and the creatures that live in them.
• World of Goo Balls: Along the way, undiscovered new species of Goo Ball, each with unique abilities, come together to ooze through reluctant tales of discovery, love, conspiracy, beauty, electric power, and the third dimension.
• The Sign Painter: Someone is watching you.
• World of Goo Corporation: Congratulations! World of Goo Corporation is the Global Leader in Goo and Goo Related Product, including World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Soft Drink Beverage and World of Goo Corporation Trademark Brand Facial Exfoliating Lotion. Succulent!
• Massive Online Competition: Human players around the world compete in a living leaderboard to build the tallest towers of goo in World of Goo Corporation's mysterious sandbox
Enjoy, and let me know how you get on with it. Also if you think you can use it in class then give me a shout.